Intentional Dialogue CD
This 2-CD set (or mp3 instant download) takes you through the preparation and steps for Intentional Dialogue as developed by Harville Hendrix, PhD and Helen LaKelly Hunt, PhD. It is one of the core skills of Imago Relationship Therapy. See the information below for a description of who might benefit, what the tape covers, and other resources related to forms of Intentional Dialogue.
Now available as an instant 2- part download (mp3) OR a 2 CD set mailed to you.
(Mailed sets are available only to persons within the United States.)
Who is this dialogue CD for?
What will you learn about intentional dialogue?
• A brief explanation about the purpose and benefits of intentional dialogue
• Common objections and frustrations from people beginning to practice the process
• Common mistakes that people make--many seem insignificant, but make a huge difference!
• Responsibilities of both the Sender and Receiver
• How to intentionally prepare oneself either as a Sender or Receiver
• Specific steps of the Dialogue--for the Sender and Receiver--with suggestions of how to do them more successfully and effectively
• Additional steps such as Owning and Teaching which can deepen and enrich the dialogue
I recommend that when the person mirroring asks if they heard it, instead of giving a percentage as in the CD ("you got 90%") . . . .
simply say something like "you got most of it (or some of it) -- the part you missed was . . . ."
© Dawn Lipthrott, LCSW is a licensed psychotherapist specializing in marriage and relationships in Winter Park, FL. Her goal is to help you take the relationship you have and make it much more of the one you both truly want -- and in so doing, make the world a better place.